In Oman we are fully committed to being good environmental stewards and to ensuring the health, safety and security of our employees, customers, suppliers and partners. Our HSE management systems, policies and controls have been built on the tenets that:
All incidents are preventable, All oil and gas related activities and operations can be performed in an environmentally responsible manner. The key to increasing productivity, meeting our business objectives and improving our ability to compete is intrinsically linked to working safely and protecting the environment. In active pursuit of these tenets and achieving world-class HSE performance, we are committed to:
- Develop a culture of Operational and HSE Excellence.
- Provide a workplace free of incidents through active engagement, personal responsibility and accountability of our workforce and partners in all HSE matters.
- Empower our workforce including managers, employees and partners with the authority, support systems and competency training necessary to help eliminate incidents and protect the environment from harm.
- Design and manage our operations to provide work places free of recognized safety hazards and to minimize environmental and human health impacts.
- Reward our Employees for good safety performance.
- Comply with all laws and regulations governing Health, Safety and Environmental protection in the communities where we work.
Our commitment and adherence to this HSE Policy is critical to Company’s Operational Excellence and long term business success, and requires visible leadership, discipline and effective communication by all of our Management and Employees.
VOOS SMART SYSTEM
Valiant Oman Oilfield Services has developed the SMART system based on the industry belief and our systems standards, policies and operational manuals shall be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time based in order to document the company’s best business practices, perform a safe and efficient operation that protect the environment and better satisfy the requirements and expectations of its customers and to improve the overall management of the company.
Both our Quality management systems (ISO 9001:2015) and our HSE-MS (ISO 45001:2018) follow industry and ISO standards. They undertake and incorporate our business policies, procedures, plans, and guidance that are the basis of the Company’s core operations.
Target ZERO Policy
The QHSE mission of Valiant is to promote a positive HSE culture that strives to protect the well-being of every employee, contractor and visitor, and prevent damage to our equipment and the environment. At the heart of our safety culture is the Target Zero initiative designed to eliminate all injuries at all Company facilities. The Target Zero is an overarching initiative that incorporates and promotes best practices through root-cause analysis and corrective action mistake-proofing; management emphasis on safety education and performance measurement; return-to-work programs; and behavior-based safety processes. The QHSE Department, the Managing Director and all functional managers, forming the executive HSE Leadership team, shall provide leadership, guidance and support in promoting a positive HSE culture throughout the organization and ensure that risks related to critical tasks have been reduced to as low as reasonably practical and ensure a safe and incident free operation. We support this ethic by maintaining safe workplaces, providing employee training, complying with safety regulations, and requiring a demonstrated safety commitment from leaders at all levels of the organization.